Monday, September 28, 2009

Age != Skill;

So I've got a little problem. I'm angry, not because of anything serious but because of how naive I was just over a year ago.

I followed this podcast last year on competitive gaming. I thought these guys were godsend, probably the only people that understood how I felt about video games....and then I learned how to make them.


I see now just how ridiculous these people were and why they always got into arguments.

It's only been one year but I fully understand how to create video games from the ground up.

I've learned the core components of C++, Windows GDI, DirectX, C#, VisualBasic, Java, GDI+, as well as various data structures, compression algorithms, and design patterns for code architecture.

Yet after all this these same people dismissed me in a debate on video games because of my age.


Quite frankly, I'm insulted.

However, I see now that arguing with these people would continue the trend.

An ouroboros if you will.


Whatever, I'm not going to let it get to me.

I know what capabilities I have and what I've learned.

I know how to make a game and understand why things happen. So I'm okay with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment