Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Night.Do("Work");

Excuse me as I butcher the English language:

Where to begin? Tonight was such a night; I guess it all started with the power outage at Full Sail. So this month I am taking a Networking class that deals how one would create internet/network capable programs.

Using an API called WINSOCK; WINSOCK is close to Unix net coding/base level of other APIs so what we're learning is more the concepts of networking rather than the API itself. I was in lab coding away at my server for a chat program when the teachers let us free to leave. I turn to my friend Tovar Shoaf and ask if he wants to stay and code lab, coincidentally enough the power goes out and I am forced to leave (as my battery is broken and I have no power for my laptop).

So I choose to go home and code some more on my server (secretly plotting to play Bioshock 2 and watch LOST instead), but alas my internet was down! I then came to the conclusion that this was the PERFECT opportunity to code my lab, and just as I was finishing up Tovar called me.

Tovar asked if I would like to come to the gym and work out; we had been discussing this before. I again took this as the PERFECT opportunity to do so and went along.

After a nice work out I come home and start talking with Josh, another one of my classmates, about what my plans for the night were. Amazingly then my internet comes back as if a reward for doing my work like I should have.

Suffice to say, tonight was not only productive but satisfying. Maybe I will keep this trend up???

Seeing as I am nearing final project I suppose I'll update this blog more often. I'll be uploading my past projects soon! So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment