Sunday, June 13, 2010

Inspiration...

Early in my life I was prone to ignore what was the norm for people. I always thought of myself as someone to whom the rules don’t apply. I was wrong. (we’ll get on that at another time) Influences and people I looked up to were one of those things I rejected. I never believed in someone else and I never looked up to someone else for motivation. (Obviously I was young and naive)
Today I spoke to an old friend about some exciting new changes in her life. She spoke of all the amazing things that may be coming and the outstanding things that she is doing with her life. I am left near speechless just reading the things she has devoted her time to. I always try my best to help people out but I am not ACTIVE in helping out others. I don’t go out of my way to do it. She does, she has done so much in giving back to the community and our youth. She really is someone to look up to as an inspiration to do better. She’s an example to lead by.
I always think that people are inherently good. I’ve been proved wrong many times but I always continue on with that thought because I knew there was someone out there that would prove me right.
I think I’ve found that one person. There is a shining light in the darkness. Lets hope I can find more like her to make that light brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment